Blogging 101

Monday, December 8, 2008

Facebook v. Google : Social Networking Battles

If there is one thing that blogging has taught me it is how quickly social networking is changing. Once again I am astounded not only by the number of networking sites, but also the quick changes and additional features that are offered by those that already exist.

Two of the most popular websites on the internet, Facebook and Google, are once again head-to-head with application features. Google just launched its 'friend connect' application which allows users to transfer portfolio information from one social network to the other. The application also allows websites to add social networking functions to their pages. Last week, Facebook launched a similar program, creatively titled 'facebook connect,' providing the same features.
It will be interesting to see how these sites continue to advance to keep up with competitors.

1 comment:

LLazzara said...

Wow! I had no idea about the "friend connect" application on Google. I am looking forward to researching that and seeing how quickly it takes off.