Writing means a lot of different things to me. Most importantly, I think writing serves as a personal back up system. Whether someone is writing in a diary, for an assignment or any other purpose, it helps people save the thoughts they had in a location where it will remain for however long the writer intends. I use writing as a way to organize my day, grocery shop, remember what my professors said in lecture and for many other daily activities. I don't know what I would do if I wasn't able to write my plans down on a piece of paper. What seems such an simple action really lays the foundation for days, weeks, months and more.
I also think writing is an excellent way to relax and relieve stress. Although many people think they can only rely on creative writing, even writing down the top three tasks I want to finish before the end of the day really helps put things into perspective. I wish I used creative writing more on a daily basis. I used to really enjoy creative writing when I was younger, but as school became more of a time commitment I didn't have as much time to do personal creative writing. Although this class focuses on PR writing, I hope I can find a way to express my thoughts and creativity through the duration of the class.
Lastly, I think writing serves as a foundation for an evolving world. It provides a gateway into many other forms of media including TV, radio, the Internet, movies, newspapers, music, books and more. Without writing, none of these outlets would exist. Writing is one of those things that is always changing and will always reflect changes in society. It will be interesting to see how much it changes in the coming years.
No comments:
Post a Comment