I have to admit, I had my doubts about Twitter when I first heard about it from one of my professors last year. The way that he described it to us just sounded creepy! I stand corrected, though, after learning more about Twitter with our class. I think it would be a fun concept if as many of my Facebook friends were actively "Tweeting". The problem is, if you aren't a member of Twitter, it seems to be the trend that you have no idea what Twitter is!
Tonight, during the tallying of the results of the Presidential Election, I was watching Steven Colbert report on Comedy Central, and he mentioned "I am Twittering as I am reporting."
It was quick, and if I didn't know what Twitter was, it would have gone over my head, but it was exciting for me, thanks to this class!
This class blog provides a forum for PR students to practice their blog writing and learn more about social media in PR practice.
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
ADPR
Bing
Blogging
blogs
Blogs Twitter
car accident
careers
class
Dr. Pepper
election
facebook
fashion
Google
Homeless
homework
issue management
LinkedIn
LLC
Mad Men
MarketWire
Marquette University
media
microblog
MUSG
Paige
PitchEngine
Post # 1
PR Writing
presidential
Public Relations
SEO
Sesame Street
social media
social media monitoring
Tiger Woods
Troughton
Tumblr
Twitter
VoxPop Public Relations
VW
wisconsin humane society
writing
1 comment:
Thats funny that you mention Steven Colbert's comment about Twitter because I was watching the show and I thought the same thing. I think Twitter is a little creepy in a sense, but I think that same about facebook also. However, I do think it is a great way to network and learn more about the issues going on in our country and the world.
Post a Comment