Blogging 101

Thursday, September 3, 2009

What Writing Means to ME

Writing is the only way I have ever known how to express myself fully. When I speak, I tend to puke words out without letting my mind think before. When I write, I am able to let the words flow from me yet have the ability to go back and change what I have said. Writing is the most creative form of expression, it allows people to say things they would not be able to speak. It also allows everyone to create their unique sense of voice. I feel that with writing I am able to express my opinions, feelings, and criticisms without feeling like others are going to judge what comes out. I think many people feel this way as well. Writing also tends to be the first thing I do whether I am happy or sad or angry. I am able to let my feelings and emotions flow onto paper without having to take anything out on anyone or without having to hold it inside myself. I think that is the most important thing about writing. So to me, writing is everything. It is the basis for everything I do. You can take writing in its simplest form and make it into something significant. Your words can be casual slang notes to your friends or developed intellectual statements in a research paper. I also find it interesting when I read my writing, how different it looks than how I talk in my everyday life. I think that may be the case for many others. People have the opportunity to step outside the boundaries, and that is what writing means to me; stepping outside of the boundaries and expressing yourself.

No comments: