This class blog provides a forum for PR students to practice their blog writing and learn more about social media in PR practice.
Friday, December 11, 2009
Social Media a CRAZE
have learned more about social media in this semester than I have in my whole college career. And I thought I was so ahead of the social media movement. I mean I had my first blog in middle school on http://livejournal.com. My friends and I updated each other daily about our lives. From there I moved onto http://myspace.com in 8th grade where I learned all about networking with "new" people. Then I got nervous when I found out it had over 64,000 registered sex offenders, so I moved on to http://facebook.com once I registered for college. I figured if only college students could go on it, then it must be safe. Now Facebook is open to anyone with an email address. Everyone, and I mean everyone is on it. Businesses and even my dad and aunt are on it now. What is going on? So now not only do we have to worry about our parents seeing what we post, but also potential employers seeking out our profile to see "what we're really like." Then http://twitter.com came about. Now, I'm all about jumping on the social media bandwagon, as you can see, but I was not too keen on it. After hearing about it for a while I finally decided to sign up. I signed up and did not understand a thing. I never went back...until Gee forced a Twitter assignment on us! haha. From there I learned the basics, but still I could not even figure out how to put my picture up. So I had my friend do it. I'm not sure if i'm much of a Twitter-kinda gal but it was good to learn and have the account for any future possible endeavors. I'm not sure where my heads at when it comes to social media, but sometimes that constant communication can be a bit draining and I want to return to the landline and answering machine with dial up internet. Just kidding! But seriously, I'm not sure how much more I can take of constant social media additions and inventions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
ADPR
Bing
Blogging
blogs
Blogs Twitter
car accident
careers
class
Dr. Pepper
election
facebook
fashion
Google
Homeless
homework
issue management
LinkedIn
LLC
Mad Men
MarketWire
Marquette University
media
microblog
MUSG
Paige
PitchEngine
Post # 1
PR Writing
presidential
Public Relations
SEO
Sesame Street
social media
social media monitoring
Tiger Woods
Troughton
Tumblr
Twitter
VoxPop Public Relations
VW
wisconsin humane society
writing
1 comment:
I feel like it is pretty common for people to be unsure about social media. I read that in a lot of people's blogs and that's why I think social media may be just a fad.
Post a Comment