Blogging 101

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

World Cup 2010

I am so exciting! Next summer 32 of the best football team will meet again, 4 years after the France- Italy final. Oh, I didn't tell you , I am a HUGE soccer fan ( France is my favorite, of course!!)

The biggest sporting event on the planet, the soccer World Cup, will be held in South Africa next June. Today, the Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA), the international governing body of football, held its draw to decide the makeup of the eight groups.

Charlize Theron announced next year's World Cup brackets in her native South Africa.

The group are the following:

Group A: South Africa, Uruguay, Mexico, France
France should easily qualify herself.

Group B: Argentina, Nigeria, South Korea, Greece
It is a pretty easy group for Argentina.

Group C: England, U.S.A, Algeria, Slovenia
The U.S.A should not bother unpacking.

Group D: Germany, Australia, Serbia, Ghana
Group D is the group of hospice.

Group E: Netherlands, Denmark, Japan, Cameroon
We ll have to see, but I am pretty sure Japan is not a tough candidate.

Group F: Italy, Paraguay, New Zealand, Slovakia
Italy never gets into difficult group.

Group H: Spain, Switzerland, Honduras, Chile
Spain and Chile should rule the group with relative ease.

Group G: Brazil, North Korea, Ivory Coast, Portugal
The most challenging group, no question. Three of these teams are potential semifinalists.


In conclusion I will just add : "Lets just hope for a non France vs Algeria draw in order to avoid blood on the streets..." So people won't think that French are savages!! We are NOT, we are very well educated people, I think...

1 comment:

Ryan Jackson said...

I just have to say, I am glad there is another soccer fan on here. However, I do have to disagree with some points.

First off USA USA USA! I think we can handle Algeria and Slovenia. I also have marked England as a potential upset. It is unlikely but possible. If we were able to do that, we could make a run for the semifinals or at least the quarterfinals.

Second off, Mexico can top France easy...sorry to say :) Also, South Africa could potentially upset them as well. We will see.

I think the teams with the best shots are Mexico and Germany. Whoever comes out on top of Portugal v. Brazil will also have a good shot.

And if there was a France/Algeria draw...that could be disasterous!