I had been Tweeting before we had to do it for our class. The reason why I started was because to inform my residents of happenings around campus. I am a RA here on campus. As RAs, we are given tons of posters that we are supposed to post on our floor. However, living in McCormick, the lifespan of such a poster is very short. So I looked for a more permanent solution, and that was Twitter. Honestly though, I have yet to use it for that purpose.
I really enjoy Twitter. I think it is a fun experience. I know there are those who do not like it, and don't see the point and that is fine, but for me it offers a lot. Twitter is where I find a lot of my news stories, cause The New York Times and the BBC are constantly updating and providing up to the minute stories. I can follow my favorite soccer team and see who is injured this week, or who they are playing. I can follow the likes of Cathy Horyn WWD and Joe Zee who know the happenings of the fashion world and share their experiences.
I like the constant feedback of Twitter. I like the pace of response for Twitter. I like that I can follow anyone and gather information that I find interesting and useful.
This class blog provides a forum for PR students to practice their blog writing and learn more about social media in PR practice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
ADPR
Bing
Blogging
blogs
Blogs Twitter
car accident
careers
class
Dr. Pepper
election
facebook
fashion
Google
Homeless
homework
issue management
LinkedIn
LLC
Mad Men
MarketWire
Marquette University
media
microblog
MUSG
Paige
PitchEngine
Post # 1
PR Writing
presidential
Public Relations
SEO
Sesame Street
social media
social media monitoring
Tiger Woods
Troughton
Tumblr
Twitter
VoxPop Public Relations
VW
wisconsin humane society
writing
No comments:
Post a Comment