This class blog provides a forum for PR students to practice their blog writing and learn more about social media in PR practice.
Thursday, October 1, 2009
twitter!
Well, I never though I would "tweet." I tended to make fun of the people who were obsessed with it. I actually did however, have an account prior to this class. My mom and I did not understand why celebrities were all on twitter so I signed up. I had NO idea how to use it so I immediately thought, "this is dumb," and never went back. Then I signed up for Gee's PR Writing class. When I first started hearing about all my teachers talking that twitter is a big thing, I was so confused. I was like twitter for business really? But it definitely makes sense. After using it more often than ever before (although at times I lacked on the daily post due to my forgetful mind and bad internet connection!). I found this once very odd yet interesting concept very useful. I was able to go and check out current happenings by adding things like Marquette and Big Shoes Network. I never saw such a communicative and interactive network until this. It is amazing the things that can be spread on there. Nobody needs to pick up a telephone or even email anymore! I really discovered the benefits of being on twitter. Although I am unsure of how much I will use it for personal use, I definitely see a Twitter for business in my future. But I would not post things that are too personal like that one business professional that tweeted about her miscarriage! That kind of stuff is crazy which is how I feel alot of people are on Facebook; too personal and too open. But for a business aspect, Twitter is fabulous. I am excited to embark on more of the Twitter craze!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
ADPR
Bing
Blogging
blogs
Blogs Twitter
car accident
careers
class
Dr. Pepper
election
facebook
fashion
Google
Homeless
homework
issue management
LinkedIn
LLC
Mad Men
MarketWire
Marquette University
media
microblog
MUSG
Paige
PitchEngine
Post # 1
PR Writing
presidential
Public Relations
SEO
Sesame Street
social media
social media monitoring
Tiger Woods
Troughton
Tumblr
Twitter
VoxPop Public Relations
VW
wisconsin humane society
writing
No comments:
Post a Comment