Blogging 101

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Twitter Experience

I never thought of making a Twitter account until we were assigned to Twitter for class. The only things I knew about Twitter was that a lot of celebrities utilized the social media site and that it was a lot like Facebook status updates. For this assignment, we were required to create a Twitter account and then Tweet four times a day. Two of the Tweets were required to be in response to something that one of our classmates had posted.

I really liked this assignment, because it forced me to learn the essentials of Twitter. In the job market today, social media skills are becoming a huge asset that employers are looking for. It will be nice to have this background knowledge when looking for jobs that require some sort of social media skills. I think it is a very helpful resource for getting updates on job searches, intern searches, news updates and special interest topics.

I don’t know if I am going to use Twitter in the very near future, because I felt as though the things I was “Tweeting” weren’t extremely important or substantial. Maybe if I worked for an organization or was extremely involved or passionate about a cause I would find it beneficial. Just for day-to-day things though, I don’t know if I would utilize this site. I did enjoying following some of my favorite celebrities and organizations though.

No comments: