But why? Are there too many messages in the media? Are we constantly being bombarded with fliers, commercials, magazine ads, newspaper articles, buttons and bumper stickers to the point where it's almost annoying? And if so, how is it impacting the candidates?
I remember the last election, but I don't remember it being this... chaotic, I guess. Anyone else? Would love to hear your thoughts on this, and the way our candidates are being presented in the media in general...
2 comments:
I have heard the same sort of comments and feel the same way about this election as many others do. To be honest I am getting really tired of hearing about it.
I think one of the major problems is that it is everywhere we turn. However, I feel the bigger issue is the way both candidates are going about their campaign strategies. They are ruthless and brutal in their attempts to win and honestly I do not believe half of the things that are coming out of either of their mouths.
Instead of addressing the many questions that were asked in the debates, they attack each other and "their lack of..." on every issue instead of saying what "they" are actually going to do about the topic. That is the main problem I have with this election and I guess politics in general. I just wish that we could get the truth from both candidates and stop with the pointing of fingers.
I think that the entire election process begins too early. In many other countries they have the whole process take place in a few months, primaries, conventions, everything. I feel like more people would remain interested in the process and more people would vote if the election wasn't strung out over two years.
I personally am sick of all the ads and propaganda, and I think that the campaigns spend way more money than is really necessary. I think we'd all be better off if the election process took place in 6 months, and hopefully we wouldn't be constantly exposed to everything about the election.
Post a Comment