Blogging 101

Sunday, October 19, 2008

New Partnership is a Cost-Effective Solution

I recently read an article on PR Newswire highlighting a new partnership between PR Newswire's MultiVu and Spot Runner Production Network that will develop a more cost effective solution for advertising. The service will provide a more afforable solution for planning and distributing videos for multimedia news releases (MNRs).

One thing I found interesting was that MNRs are the fastest growing service because companies realize that they reach a much broader audience. What I find most interesting about that is how multimedia has changed the way P.R. is practiced. The industry has gone from sending out packages via mail to being able to mass distribute videos online and reach a much larger audience, faster and easier. I think it is only a matter of time until some of the basic P.R. principals we learn in class are no longer going to be necessary with the advances in technology.

No comments: