Blogging 101

Monday, October 20, 2008

Politically Incorrect but Fun

A friend of mine recently sent me a link to an article from a website called stuffwhitepeoplelike.com which 1. I've never heard of before and 2. really makes me laugh while extremely politically incorrect.  Minus it being about/making fun of white people, I thought everyone would enjoy the link to the article I was sent.  

The article is a joke about white people liking grammar.  The reason my friend sent me the link is because in high school we were both writing tutors together and always joke about how big of a role grammar plays in our lives.  For all of us, especially those planning on working in PR, grammar is a huge part of your daily lives, and something that can be fun (which this article is trying to make it) even though it is tedious.  So anyway, if you would like to get a little laugh check out the article on Grammar which is something we all should like!

5 comments:

Gee said...

It is very funny, indeed!

tracyjackson said...

I actually just heard about this book a little while ago. One of my brother's was telling me about it and it sounded hilarious! I'm shocked, but very happy, that there has not been a lot of heat surrounding this book. It's about time people stopped worrying about being politically correct all the time and relaxed and had some fun!

Cara Co said...

This is so funny, because it is so true. One of the greatest annoyances to me is when people misuse words or grammar, which my friends constantly tease me about.

Ashley said...

Interestingly enough, Stuff White People Like's popularity has inspired several spin-off versions, with several Stuff ____ People Like lists now online. Some of these lists include people of other ethnicities and even religions. As long as no one takes offense, I think they're pretty humorous.

Unknown said...

I think the website and book are quite amusing. It is interesting that political incorrectness is more acceptable on the Internet than in any other forum. I think that if the website was in a different format, such as a television show or on the radio, there would be much more controversy surrounded it. Since the Internet is more of an unrestricted medium, I think that not many people are offended by the medium.