Writing has always been very meaningful in my life. When I was little, I always had the lofty goal of being the youngest published author. I used to sit in my room for hours on end writing little novels and thinking up plots. In fifth grade I even submitted half of a book that I wrote as a big project for class.
It wasn't always novels either. I was big into writing quirky poetry in grade school which I would read and perform for my relatives. In fourth grade I even had a poem published in a random poetry book (maybe I accomplished my publishing dream after all) ;0)
Now that I am older, we are forced to write more serious papers and articles. Creative writing was something I was always had a passion for, more so than your standard college research paper. I still love finding ways to use creative and professional language in these college endeavors and feel an amazing sense of pride when a paragraph comes together and the language flows seamlessly. I have a feeling that I will enjoy press releases as they also require a bit of creative writing as well.
This class blog provides a forum for PR students to practice their blog writing and learn more about social media in PR practice.
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
ADPR
Bing
Blogging
blogs
Blogs Twitter
car accident
careers
class
Dr. Pepper
election
facebook
fashion
Google
Homeless
homework
issue management
LinkedIn
LLC
Mad Men
MarketWire
Marquette University
media
microblog
MUSG
Paige
PitchEngine
Post # 1
PR Writing
presidential
Public Relations
SEO
Sesame Street
social media
social media monitoring
Tiger Woods
Troughton
Tumblr
Twitter
VoxPop Public Relations
VW
wisconsin humane society
writing
No comments:
Post a Comment