Blogging 101

Thursday, August 28, 2008

What writing means to me

Writing gives us the ability to connect to one another. Whether I am reading a book that takes me on an adventure through Hogwarts, a political analysis online, or reading an e-mail from my mom I know I am connecting to others who are taking their own opportunity for expression.

In addition to the writings of others, my own writing is a chance to accomplish many different things. Of course there is the obvious: passing a class by writing a strong paper; but there is also the chance to inform someone about something that made me think of them that day, or to write my senator on an issue that matters to me. Writing is the opportunity to make my voice heard, not only for others but also for myself. Often until I start writing I do not even know what I am going to say, but after I have forced myself to output words my ideas suddenly become clearer to myself.

For me, writing is the most valuable form of communication we have and because of this I will also strive to be a more concise,coherent, and descriptive writer.

No comments: