I've been keeping a journal since before I can even remember. I write in my journal when I don't want to or can't make sense of whatever I'm thinking about. It's easier for me to get my words out when I'm writing them down.
And that's what writing has always been to me: a form of release. Writing is the easiest way to express myself. I can write down every thing I'm thinking and feeling, and then go back and sort my thoughts and words. I can rearrange and make my thoughts more clear.
I tend to be verbose when I write, and I think that stems from loving to read. I am amazed when authors can paint perfectly a picture or a scene using only words. I love vivid descriptions of emotions, I love the way words come together on a page to make a complete thought or story.
So, what writing means to me: expression.
This class blog provides a forum for PR students to practice their blog writing and learn more about social media in PR practice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
ADPR
Bing
Blogging
blogs
Blogs Twitter
car accident
careers
class
Dr. Pepper
election
facebook
fashion
Google
Homeless
homework
issue management
LinkedIn
LLC
Mad Men
MarketWire
Marquette University
media
microblog
MUSG
Paige
PitchEngine
Post # 1
PR Writing
presidential
Public Relations
SEO
Sesame Street
social media
social media monitoring
Tiger Woods
Troughton
Tumblr
Twitter
VoxPop Public Relations
VW
wisconsin humane society
writing
3 comments:
I feel the same way about writing. I attempted to keep a steady journal in order to express my thoughts. However, my hand was never as fast as my brain and I would become frustrated at how difficult it was to relay all of my trains of thought. BUT I have learned a new way to journal...in bits and peices. I love to just write phrases or words or anything that cues my mind when I read back over it. This is less frustrating and more creative.
Just thought I'd share :)
I have always wanted to keep a journal, but I have a tough time staying consistent or following through on things for a long period of time. I bet its great to go back and reread how you felt on a specific day, to remember how you felt at that one moment in time.I guess thats the beauty of writing, you can go anywhere any time you want. Back in time or into the future, thats why nothing is impossible.
Post a Comment