Blogging 101

Thursday, August 28, 2008

What writing is to me...

Writing is an important form of expression. It is a way to put your thoughts in order and a way to let others in on them. Writing is a way to express any emotion, to inform, to persuade and to do almost anything. Great writing is behind almost every other form of communication. Even the greatest movies, newscasts, events and speeches have writing at their core.

I like writing because I always have and because I have always been pretty good at it. I like being able to take complex things and break them down by writing. I also like being able to make things complex through writing and using different words. I like being able to pour out emotion onto a page. I like being able to read something I have written and feel a sense of accomplishment. I like the power that can exist behind the written word to tell a story, to make a point or even to influence.

No comments: