Dear Friend,
I realize that you are concerned that I am entering the field of public relations. Like many others, you think that public relations practitioners rely on manipulation, spin, and hype. However, I assure you that public relations works to encourage goodwill, build positive relationships, and enhance image.
Public relations is centered primarily on communication. A public relations practitioner is responsible for communicating a message from an organization to various publics. In order to deliver this message, a public relations practitioner uses various tools, such as news releases, public service announcements, and advertising. Regardless of the tool used, in almost all of a public relations practitioner’s work, the intention is to persuade or inform.
Contrary to many people’s belief, public relations practitioners do good, especially in nonprofit sector. Eventually, I hope to work as a public relations practitioner for a nonprofit or nongovernmental organization. In that way, I will be a positive asset to society and also work to reverse negative perceptions of public relations.
Fondly,
Katie
This class blog provides a forum for PR students to practice their blog writing and learn more about social media in PR practice.
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
ADPR
Bing
Blogging
blogs
Blogs Twitter
car accident
careers
class
Dr. Pepper
election
facebook
fashion
Google
Homeless
homework
issue management
LinkedIn
LLC
Mad Men
MarketWire
Marquette University
media
microblog
MUSG
Paige
PitchEngine
Post # 1
PR Writing
presidential
Public Relations
SEO
Sesame Street
social media
social media monitoring
Tiger Woods
Troughton
Tumblr
Twitter
VoxPop Public Relations
VW
wisconsin humane society
writing
No comments:
Post a Comment