Blogging 101

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Public Relations is important too!

Dear Friend,

I know you, like all of our friends, are confused to exactly what it is I plan on doing with my life. Sometimes I get a little jealous when I think of how easy your careers are to explain. I'm sure you've never had your grandmother ask you exactly what a nurse does. Whereas my grandmother has asked me multiple times "now Hayley, tell me again what it is that a PR practitioner does?"
I am just writing this letter to explain that I am doing something worth worthy with my life, and that public relations is important to our society. No, I am not going into the health professions, or becoming a lawyer, but the work I plan on doing will still make an impact. The public relations department of a company is often viewed as the conscious of the company. Simply put, public relations protects and defends the good name of a company. The role of public relations is to manage the flow of information between the organization and its publics. Public relations makes sure that both the people within the organization, and its publics remain satisfied. This would be nearly impossible without the role of public relations. The work I would do as a public relations practitioner would even affect you as a nurse. Hospitals have their own public relations departments too! If there would be an issue in the hospital you work in, instead of chaos erupting, the public relations department would take care of the issue before it even became an issue.
So even in a field like the health professions, public relations is important. I know you still maybe do not understand. But I just want you to know that public relations is important too! Even though I may not directly be saving lives, the work of a public relations practitioner is still very important to society. Thank you for understanding and appreciating what I do!

Sincerely,

Hayley

No comments: