Sorry Gee, I know that you enjoy all the social media and are very good at keeping your profiles up to date but Twitter just seems like another thing I MUST do. First I have to hop onto the internet and check my e-mail which will of course lead me over to Facebook, take a swing around to Linkedin and then hit Twitter? Whew, before I know it, three hours have slipped through my fingers.
I understand the convenience of the website in finding what exactly the media is up to and clicking on a link that someone else suggested. But who really wants to know that I am "currently making breakfast" or "watching TV?" Thus far it appears that Twitter is simply a way to get your voice heard. SOMEONE will surely read the fact that "today, your socks don't match." In order to avoid this, I attempt me to think of incredibly intellectual things to blurt on Twitter like " Your 'Yes' means nothing if you never say 'no'." Whew, this is hard work.
Therefore, I do not think that Twitter is for me. Maybe when I enter the field of PR I'll see the site in a different light.
This class blog provides a forum for PR students to practice their blog writing and learn more about social media in PR practice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
ADPR
Bing
Blogging
blogs
Blogs Twitter
car accident
careers
class
Dr. Pepper
election
facebook
fashion
Google
Homeless
homework
issue management
LinkedIn
LLC
Mad Men
MarketWire
Marquette University
media
microblog
MUSG
Paige
PitchEngine
Post # 1
PR Writing
presidential
Public Relations
SEO
Sesame Street
social media
social media monitoring
Tiger Woods
Troughton
Tumblr
Twitter
VoxPop Public Relations
VW
wisconsin humane society
writing
1 comment:
I am not sure what I think about Twitter yet! I think it may take a bit for me to warm up to the idea of it. At this point in time, I do not feel the same attachment to it as I do to other social networks. Time will tell, I guess! :)
Post a Comment