However, this list of lame blogs is a great reminder for our future in the business world. Blogging can be a great way to get the word out about a company, but it needs to be done tastefully and be associated with articles people really are interested in reading. So check out the list, and keep their mistakes in mind and be rest assured that I am confidant our class blog would not be on this list.
This class blog provides a forum for PR students to practice their blog writing and learn more about social media in PR practice.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Something I hope our class blog will never be!
This link is to a list of the "Top 11 Lamest Blogs" on the internet today. I looked at the list, and I think it was an accurate assessment. But it got me thinking about the very fine line of blogging between interesting and just pathetic. And yet, I LOVE reading blogs. My obsession began ages ago right when livejournal was getting popular. I somehow was enthralled by reading every detail of my friends' lives. (This was the true start to social media, I'd say.) Next it was reading blogs of friends who are abroad- the ideal way to stay connected and hear about all their great adventures. And now I am obsessed with Marquette basketball blogs, without them I would never stay up to date on statistics and team happenings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
ADPR
Bing
Blogging
blogs
Blogs Twitter
car accident
careers
class
Dr. Pepper
election
facebook
fashion
Google
Homeless
homework
issue management
LinkedIn
LLC
Mad Men
MarketWire
Marquette University
media
microblog
MUSG
Paige
PitchEngine
Post # 1
PR Writing
presidential
Public Relations
SEO
Sesame Street
social media
social media monitoring
Tiger Woods
Troughton
Tumblr
Twitter
VoxPop Public Relations
VW
wisconsin humane society
writing
1 comment:
Not sure what it is..but i dont think i have come to appreciate blogs for what you say they are..I mean i'm truly happy for you and your excitement about them , but as for me(and call me old fashion)I like to stick to the good ol news watching on tv or chatting with friends via facebook..(if that's at all old fashion)..
Post a Comment